Friday, April 6, 2018

Dreams: Viva La Verve Sketch!



Happy Friday!  It is a new month and a new Viva La Verve Sketch Challenge. I have a card to share using April's  Viva La Verve Sketch.






My card today showcases a few NEW Verve stamps and dies which will be released Tuesday, April 10th!  Stay tuned for the Spotlight Hops beginning tomorrow, April 7th!  We have a fun weekend planned!


For my card I started with some fun DCWV Wildflower pattern papers.  I used some sweet blush dotted and striped pattern papers.  I stamped the sentiment from Verve's Words of Wisdom stamp set using versa mark and heat embossed using gold embossing powder.  I lightly sponged some berry sorbet ink to the center for effect as well as to make the sentiment pop.  I die cut, stamped, and gold embossed the butterflies using  Hope Lifts stamp set and coordinating Lifted Hope Die Set  perfectly using the Tim Holtz stamping platform onto white card stock.



I added foam tape to add dimension and help the key elements pop.  I used the with the new Lacey Frames and Lacey Trim Duo die sets. I added the main panel to a top folding white card stock base.   I finished my card with a few clear sequins!  

As always thanks so much for stopping by!



10 comments

  1. I love, love, love your gold and black butterfly. It is always such a treat to see your cards. You do such fabulous work. You can tell you are a true artist, something I aspire to but was not given that gift. Thank you for sharing your beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous. Love the gold butterflies and the pretty papers. Great sketch and great design. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a stunning card, Betty! Those vivid florals with the golden butterflies just make my heart go pitter patter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzer! Beautiful card, I love how you colored the butterflies, the color combo is super. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a Happy card, which shouts Spring is Here! Beautiful tilted sentiment...love it in gold along with those golden butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card. Love the layers, colors, and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love your colors and paper choices! What a pretty card! The gold embossed butterflies and sentiment are the perfect touch with the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what an utterly stunning card with such oh so pretty colours and paper designs! I do love gold accents as well with the gorgeous butterflies and the sentiment, very elegant card all round. Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card - love all the layers and the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.