Thursday, July 21, 2016

My Happy!






Hello!  It has been a few days since I posted a card.  My husband and I have decided to put our home on the market. We are not moving far away just in another area close by.  We have spent the better part of three weeks purging and cleaning.  I think I spent two weeks just in my craft room. It is amazing how much stuff we collected in ten years.   We may be able to list within the next two weeks. 




Even though I have not had a chance to get crafty lately, that does not mean that I did not take time to shop.  My PTI goodies came so I just had to sneak off to the craft room and get inky.  I am playing with this week's PTI Make It Monday: spritz stamping.  I used this week's CAS(E) this Sketch, and The Paper Players Challenge: watercolor.  


 









I kept this card really CAS!  I did not even use my new dies with this Tropics stamp set.  I used watercolor paper and olive and mowed lawn Ranger distress inks before spritzing with water.  I stamped the sentiment with Versafine onyx black.  I used some Ranger Frayed burlap for the splatters.  I finished with a few black sequins.  I used the sketch upsidedown.  


15 comments

  1. Betty, your beautiful card makes me happy! Love the colors you used for the new Tropics set. The splatters and sequins finish it off perfectly. Best of luck to you with the sale of your house and in buying a different one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect take on the sketch, Betty! This set is on my list to purchase -- love how you used it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great CAS card Betty - I love the vibrant greens you used for your leaves and your watercolouring is really effective. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, I love how simple this is, yet so elegant looking. Very nice. Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Betty...CAS perfection! Knew I should have gotten that stamp set! Sigh....another to add to my wish list! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you combined both challenges! Beautifully done! Good luck with the packing and moving! Glad you joined us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL card, Betty. Love your take on the CASe sketch!
    Good luck with the house going on the market~it is amazing what treasures we 'collect' :-o

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome....a great take on that sketch, I love it upside down! And the colors are very fresh and cooling! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week! Good luck on your move....I can't even imagine moving, and I have a small house....crammed full of craft stuff, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful Betty...love your sweet card! those leaves are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic! Your watercoloring is superb! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty you nailed the sketch and the watercolor technique! Stunning stunning card!
    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players and CAS(e) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card Betty. Love the green leaves. Pretty coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty, I love the extra texture from the watercolor paper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even upside-down the sketch is easy to see, Betty! LOve these leaves!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.