Friday, April 1, 2016

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Neon Nicknacks!









It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!




The LEAD of this challenge will be invited to be a guest designer in an upcoming challenge!



First of all, Happy Birthday to ME!  Yes, it is true....I was born on April Fool's Day!  I always tell people that I at least have an excuse for my behavior ;) lol!  At least that's my story....and I am sticking to it!

For my card, I chose to play with the colors and layout of the nicknacks.  I used PTI What the Doodle: Feather Mini stamp and die set.  I die cut the feathers in lemon drop, raspberry fizz, and limeade ice.  I white embossed the feather image.  I sponged on some versamark for added richness.




I  added some fun foam to a piece of white linen card stock.  I added to the background the dotted images from Feather Finery and embossed those in gold for added effect.  I had some fallout from the embossing powder in places, but I liked it, so I kept it.  I thought it added to the overall dotted whimsical look. I layered the feathers over the top.





I added some fun foam die cut with same feather die and adhered it to the back of the raspberry fizz feather for added dimension.  I  added a sentiment from Keep It Simple:  Encouragement set in hybrid black licorice ink.  I finished my card with a few clear sequins.  I mounted the white linen panel to a grout gray card stock base for contrast.



Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs 
for more inspiration!




As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

13 comments

  1. Happy Birthday, Betty! Wishing you a fabulous day!
    I love your gorgeous feather card -- wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mix of feathers and gold dots - your gold fallout looks like it was planned (love when that happens!) Enjoy your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love your card!! I think I need those feather stamps.
    Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't inked this up yet...now I must! What a fantastic card! Love it Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Betty. Love those pretty feathers... so detailed and artsy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came over from the PTI forum. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday a day late! Mine is on the 12th, which some years coincides with Easter so I feel blessed. Back to your card, it is gorgeous! I bought that set but haven't inked it up yet. Will have to CASE your to get me going. Love the embossed dots even with the extras.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Gorgeous card, Betty! Love the feathers...fab take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is drop-dead gorgeous, Betty! Happy Belated Birthday!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is awesome. Oh how I love those feathers. Swoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so beautiful!! I love the colored feathers! So elegant with the gold EP too!

    I just inked up this stamp set for the first time myself today!

    Happy Belated Birthday!! I hope it was wonderful!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the dots in the background and the layered feathers, great design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.