Sunday, November 15, 2015

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Foxy!






It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!


 (modcloth.com)

The LEAD of this challenge will be invited to be a Guest Designer in an upcoming challenge!







This challenge has perfect timing.  I needed an Anniversary card for my hubby of 22 years!  I knew he would just LOVE this one.  I started with some ranger inks and watercolor paper.  I did the smooshing technique with a kick.  I used vintage photo, brushed corduroy, scattered straw, tea dye, and peeled paint inks.  
 
For the most part, I used my heat gun to dry the colors in between so it would not get muddy.  However, I did not thoroughly dry the last color before I added the versamark splatters with a watercolor brush.  Next, I heat embossed the versamark splatters in gold.  Some of the splatters ran once they hit the wet watercolor paper giving this really cool look when embossed.   I tried to get a picture of the effect.  I die cut and stamped the fox using more watercolor paper then actually watercolored the fox.  He is very clever and sly this one.  He blends in to the background.  So very Foxy!  I am playing along with this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!



Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration!





As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

8 comments

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.