Saturday, September 19, 2015

Holiday Cheer!







Happy Saturday!  I have a card to share.  I am playing along with Papertrey Ink's Create Along With Us September Challenge.




I chose to case Dawn's card.


I just love the colors and the two-toned holly background on Dawn's card.  Since I do not have my new PTI goodies yet, I used what I had.  I thought the leafy cluster in Daydreamer stamp set would work.  This set also has a trio of circles that I used for the holly berries.  I stamped the leafy image with new leaf ink and rocked and rolled hawaiian shores on the edges.  




Next, I die cut tag #4 in hawaiian shores card stock and used Big and Bold Christmas stamp set for the sentiments.  I used Happy Hydrangea stamp set and die for the bow die cut in pure poppy and stamped with pure poppy ink.  To give my red holly berries some highlights, I used some white acrylic paint and the end of my stylus to create the dotted highlights.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty


11 comments

  1. Oh wonderful card! I enjoy seeing how it matches your inspiration and you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Betty! I thought I was over at Dawn's Blog for a minute~LOVE that girl's sense of color! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely! Great use of the inspiration, but thoroughly your own. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Betty! So fun and festive! Love your take on Dawn's card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty this card is simply stunning! Awesome work...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty....this is just so beautiful. I love your amazing background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely card! Your colour combination is stunning, I'm just going to have to try and copy this, great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative use of that leaf for the holly! Love the colors on this pretty Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.