Friday, July 11, 2014

Have A Happy Birthday! VLV Sketch

 


Happy Friday!   It is time for week 2 of Viva La Verve Weekly Sketch Challenge.   Anya Schrier is our host this week!   Check out the VLV Blog for more details and inspiration!



I decided to turn the sketch for my card.   I am using Verve's  Be Blessed, Wonderful Marvelous, Button Best, and On Occasion stamp sets along with Verve's Occasions Frame Cut Above dies.   I accented the card with Verve's Pastel Sequin Mix. 

I started with some fun pattern papers from Fancy Pants Beloved collection.  I die cut the Occasions frame twice with some white card stock.  I stamped the coordinating frame on one and the "have a happy"  from Be Blessed set on the other. I  masked a portion of this stamp so the word DAY did not stamp.  Next, I stamped the word "Birthday" from Wonderful Marvelous in black. The contrast of the two sentiment colors makes the Birthday look like it is jumping from the page.  Cool effect.  To create the three circle sketch trio, I took out a half inch circle punch and made my button accenting using Button Best stamp set.   I used some pink and aqua inks.   To add some more accenting to the focal sentiment I used the smaller flower center image in Be Blessed to create some colorful accents around my sentiment.  For the inspiration picture, I focused on the solid pink panel going down the side in the curtains, the aqua, pink, and kiwi green colors, as well as what looks like a loopy pattern in the rug.  I finished with some thread I looped behind the sentiment frames and sequins!  I am  playing along with Cure for the Monday Blues #23 Inspiration Challenge, Virginia's View Die Cut Challenge, and Stampin' Royalty Anything Goes Challenge!As always thanks so much for stopping by!Betty
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. Gorgeous design all around, Betty! The use of circle punch and Frame Cut dies are fabulous! I also love your attentions to the stitching and layering details! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect choice of patterned paper to evoke the inspiration, and loving all the fun little details you added with the frames and sequins and homemade accents! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.