Saturday, June 14, 2014

Happy Birthday! A Throwdown, Inspiration, and a Sketch!



Happy Saturday!    I feel I have been counting down the last days of school for a while now.  When is it going to end?  LOL!  Actually,  the students are already out, but I still have 2 days of workshops then I am home free!  Not much longer!  

My son  informed me that he has a Birthday Party to go to this evening for a friend at school. So, I had to head to my crafty space and pop up a quick girly Birthday card!  I think it turned out fresh, fun, and young!  

I am playing along with Fusion Card Challenge and The Color Throwdown!  I combined the colors from The Color Throwdown with the inspiration and sketch from Fusion Card Challenge.  I was inspired by the trellis look, the newsprint, and the staggered flowers.  I used the Lifestyles Trelis border.  I used Verve's Chevron Love stamp set.  I stamped the sentiment several times going up the side.  I used the larger butterfly to stamp pieces of the trelis in coordinating inks.  I added some newsprint dp.  I finished my card with a seam binding bow using Verve's Truly Madly Deeply Ribbon Collection in Cotton Candy and Verve's Shine Bright Sequin Mix. 



As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

10 comments

  1. This is beautiful your such a creative cardmaker <3 this very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Betty!! I just love the use of the die and the soft pastels. Beautiful design my friend!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bits of text scattered throughout the design ... so very glad you joined us at the Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun backgroindM! Yes, for you for a break soon! Yes, I think it's fresh and girly! Thxs for joining us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, this is so gorgeous and so perfect for a young girl! Love your design! So happy to see you in the throwdown gallery this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the die-cut background and how you added the colorful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fabulous design, Betty...love the repeat stamped sentiment and I loooove your diecut background....so pretty with all the different dp's and sequins!!! Thanks for joining us again at the CTD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO many beautiful details here. I love the stamping and the die cut background filled in like a gorgeous quilt. And that bow.. swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really really pretty card, Betty. Love all the little details on your great card. Thanks for playing along at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.