Thursday, April 17, 2014

Happy Birthday! Color Palette with a Sketch!




Happy Thursday!  I am so enjoying my Spring Break doing absolutely nothing!  We were going to go to the beach, but it got cold so we decided to stay home and do stuff around the home.  Trust me that is enough to keep us busy for longer than a week.   Yard work like house work is never ending.   I am okay with that since it gave me crafty time, too!

So, the other day I posted a card using some MFT stamps and dienamics.  I was shocked at how little I had in my stash.  I really thought I had more.  I got on the MFT site and ordered me a few goodies and they came today! Already?  What?  Happy Dancing!  I jumped in my crafty space and unwrapped my package and started stamping.  I was thrilled to try MFT card stock.   I got me a pack of the Card Stock Sampler since I had none.  WOW!  What an amazing assortment of colors! 

Print

I decided to play along with this week's MFT Get Sketchy Challenge and the monthly MFT Color Palette Challenge.    
MFTWSC172I am using MPD  Blooming Roses with matching Rose Bouquet dies and LJD Pretty Poppies sentiment and scripted background.  I die cut the Razzle Berry and Blu Raspberry using Fishtail Flag Stax dies.  I just cut off the fishtail portion on the BR panel.  I already had those...luv!  I needed a chubby oval to fit my sentiment so I opted to use the  Rounded Banner Stax that I already had.  I just flipped it around to create a double ended "chubby oval."     I improvised with the inks, but they are definitely on my wishlist!  I decided to keep this sketch somewhat CAS!  I did have to turn it, though!  ;0)

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty



6 comments

  1. Oh my, Betty! This is stunning. Love your roses and creatively cut oval. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Betty! Love the vibrant roses and creatively die cut sentiment! Thanks so much for joining along with MFT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Betty , you captured this sketch so perfectly, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty card Betty, thanks for your sweet comment for my post! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Betty!! Love those awesome roses!!
    Greetings from Africa!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Pretty, Betty! LOVE how you used the sketch AND the color challenges! FAB way to make the oval and looks like we both LOVE Mona's contemporary roses!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.